Ten Things You Surely Want to Avoid in Your Job Search
- 1. A resume that includes personal information such as number of children, your date of birth and where you worship.
- 2. A resume or cover letter that has such small type that you would need to put it under a microscope to read.
- 3. Wearing something that jiggles during an interview (i.e. earrings).
- 4. Too much makeup; too much perfume; ugly tie; un-kept facial hair.
- 5. Name dropping a political figure who has now become your best friend.
- 6. A folded resume place it in a large envelope.
- 7. Upsetting the secretary of the individual with whom you have an interview.
- 8. Using the words "guys" or "gals".
- 9. Describing the reason you left a position as a "personality clash."
- 10. Showing absolutely no enthusiasm on the phone when you get a call for an interview.
P.S. If you have a Job Search Avoidance statement, let me know and I'll consider publishing it. E mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Want more great tips?